Date(s) - 03/09/2019
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Watershed Restoration Program
Upper District & USDA Forest Service Watershed Restoration Partnership
Students can earn community service hours.
All ages welcome.
Adult supervison of children is required.
- Bring drinking water
- Must have own transportation for duration of event: dropping off attendees and leaving them without transportation during the event is NOT permitted.
- Start with a full gas tank. During the event, participants are usually directed to drive from the meeting area to a different location further up Azusa Canyon.
- Consider bring work or garden gloves.
- Wear sturdy, non-skid, closed-toe shoes (sneakers, hiking boots, ets.)
- The drive along Highway 39 is on typical mountain terrain roads which means that during some portions of the drive there are twist, sharp curves, and narrow lanes.
- Dress in comfortable clothes that are safe and appropriate for working outdoors in the mountains. Bring a jacket since the weather may get cold. Sunscreen and hats are also suggested.
- Please arrive on time: volunteers arriving late may miss partici-pating since work is often done at other locations.
Meet at the San Gabriel Canyon Environmental Education Center
Poor wealther may cause concellation of an event. Call (626) 443-2297 and press #223 anytime after 5:00 PM the day before an event to verify event status.
View their website for more information.